BEAUTY Coffee Break FASHION lifestyle

Coffee Break x Gucci

Processed with VSCO with j1 preset

Handbag Gucci Bracelet Hermes Scarf  By Lexicon

When was the last time you did something nice for yourself? I’m not talking about a mani pedi .. I’m taking about giving yourself a trip, or saving for something you really want. The reason for this post is because a few months ago I was struggling. I quit my job not knowing how I would support my family and my blog. Why do I say my blog .. Because blogging generates cost, pictures, clothing, travel, and site maintenance .. it all adds up. I almost gave up my blog in a moment of total stress. I remember my mom telling me Kyrzayda “Get up  and do your pictures”.. I actually remember cleaning someone’s house along with my mom for extra cash .. Yes this blogger with 162k followers got on her knees to clean someone’s home. As a Latina who grew up watching her mom take a second job cleaning houses, it was a humbling experience to relive what many Latinos go through to achieve the American Dream.

But what is the American Dream ?

My dream is not the typical white picket fence, two kids and a steady job. .

My dream is a little different, I want people to believe and see what this Latina is capable of. I want “My dream” to be a reality for many, for those who feel as if no one is watching. Guess what, someone is always watching.

On my last post I mentioned how I wanted to evolve my style a bit. I did something for myself that I usually don’t do. I went and I got myself this beautiful designer handbag.. I own a few designer handbags, but never ones that require me to invest money in them. I had been saving for it for quite some time, but I also have been blessed with so much new work that it became easier for me.. What’s the meaning behind the bag? Independence, knowing I can take care of and spoil myself.. No boyfriend, no ex .. Just me doing something for me. It’s call GROWTH .. And even though it’s something materialistic it’s one goal closer to many I have to accomplish. My next big thing? PARIS. It’s been my dream for so many years ago and trust me when I tell you no one has more desire to be there than I .. Will it happen?! Absolutely, anything you work hard for will eventually come back to you. I have experienced so much this year, being defeated and successful. I have also learned the value of money. You need to invest and invest. Revamp your life with great things and don’t settle for what everyone else wants you to settle for .. Oh don’t spend on that when you can get something else for cheaper. Don’t devalue your standards because society wants you to be mediocre .. Instead work harder if you know you what you need. Work endlessly and stay positive. Most important be independently beautiful and spoil yourself always it’s only one life, make the most of it.

I just want to thank God for always being so amazing to me, especially in those moments that I felt lost and I thought I would have to give up. These are the moments that define us. When we are victorious to our own doubts, that is when we can say we have succeeded.

XO, K

Suleika
    August 29, 2016 at 11:39 am

Thanks for sharing your story with us ? Girls power! Stay blessed bonita ❤️

Dee
    August 29, 2016 at 11:55 am

Great post!!! Love your style. I agree with you about the American dream. I am a Black woman and I think it is different for minorities. We are more driven to succeed because there are so many odds against us at every turn.

Keep on pushing towards your dreams. I hope that you get to go to Paris very soon. Maybe you will get an invite to Paris Fashion Week 🙂

Vanessa
      August 29, 2016 at 2:30 pm

What an AMAZING post. THANKS FOR INSPIRING US! AND GOD BLESS YOU!

Kyrie Estrada
    August 29, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Love this. ❤️.. Positive and inspiring. Thanks for posting this ! God is great. Your amazing .. Inside and out !

Gena
    August 29, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Beautiful – Pro. 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all our heart, lead not to your own understand, in all thy ways acknowledge God and he will direct your path. I am proud of you and I thank God for using you as a vessel to help inspire others to reach their dreams (of any and all kind). God chose you so remember, no matter what, keep God first and let him lead and direct you. Many will come and go but God will never leave you nor forsake you. All that he has for you, is for you, therefore it only gets better. It’s your season, walk in it. Stay blessed and remain encouraged.

Lashawyne
    August 29, 2016 at 1:08 pm

That was a great post, as a single mom of a now college student I want to change my career. It has been difficult but in determined to get what I deserve! Keep striving for your dreams, inspiring others!

Yooto'pea Golf LLC
    August 29, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Used to follow you because you had GREAT pictures and GREAT style. Over the years what has been the most ENJOYABLE part of your blog, is having watch your growth through the written post. You have always inspired and will always inspire. Mucho Gracias:)

yvette tavarez
    August 29, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Love your post stay bless…
    xoxo

Fanon Reedus
    August 29, 2016 at 4:33 pm

This is why I just love you!!! You are positive and a wise soul! Thanks for sharing.

Shanna
    August 29, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Another great and inspiring post!

After reading your post “Inspired”, I left a long message on your IG and your response was what I needed. I did as you suggested and knocked on all doors and I am happy to report I landed one sponsored post (the brand reached out me me!!!) and tow other potential post in the works just by knocking on the door!

I agree with another person who left a comment, as a minority we are driven to succeed because of the odds and seeing someone beat them gives us the motivation we need to push on. I want to THANK YOU for the honesty in your post because it mans so much to me and other blogger that are just starting out. It shows us that everyone has a starting point.

I wish you much success and I know you will make it to Paris!

eva
    August 29, 2016 at 8:59 pm

thanks for inspired me , oh wow girls i was need that so much, thanks so much girl <3

Shamecca Wright-Candelario
    August 29, 2016 at 9:52 pm

That was a great article. I understand everything you were saying. As a business owner myself I knit it’s more easy. Sometimes your vision had to catch up with everything else in between. I wish you continued success.

Vana
    August 29, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Thank you for being so transparent and touching on the not so glamorous part of life and blogging. You are the bomb! Can’t wait to see your fly style during fashion week!

Shamecca Wright-Candelario
    August 29, 2016 at 9:57 pm

That was a great article. I understand everything you were saying. As a business owner myself I know it’s not easy. Sometimes your vision has to show down so that everything else in between can catch up. Success takes time. Stay true to yourself, stay the course and have fun enjoying what you love to do. I wish you continued success.

Michelle
    August 29, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Good for you – you totally deserve it! And you probably could have contacted Gucci – I bet they would have sent you one.

I’ve been dying for that bag – I want the larger version with the crazy appliques. Maybe one day…

Monica
    August 29, 2016 at 10:26 pm

I love this post! So motivational! I’m currently working a 9-5 but I really want to start my own fashion boutique and travel the world! I consider you a mentor even though we have never met lol. You inspire me on so many levels. I’m currently dealing with the same fears you dealt with. Wondering how the bills will get paid and how I will maintain my needs if I just quit the corporate world and pursue my passions. I’m still building up the courage……When did you finally decide to take that leap?

Shauntai NuNu
    August 30, 2016 at 10:25 am

Cool beans, thanks for sharing.

Cheryl Tucker
    August 30, 2016 at 7:54 pm

I just found your blog and am crazy about your style! I love love love the scarf tied around your wrist idea! Brilliant and I can’t wait to try it out! Peace! Cheryl

Bral
    August 31, 2016 at 2:38 am

Thanks for being such a great inspiration for all of us! You are honestly TOO MUCH! ?? God bless you!

Christina
    August 31, 2016 at 10:07 am

Beautiful post girl and keep striving!! You deserve it! You’re a true inspiration!

zudheidi
    September 2, 2016 at 9:16 am

i admire you in so many ways.. !!! and your story really relates to me and I’m sure to many others as well.. and congrats on your new bag.. WELL DESERVED.. xoxoxoxoxo

Sade
    September 3, 2016 at 6:01 am

I already Love your style and follow you on insta, this is the first time visiting your blog, and this so happens to be the first article i read.. I now Love the person behind the style. This was such a touching and inspiring article. God Bless you and your hard work and your determination to continue to fight for your dream. You havent come this far to only come this far. and being humble enough to not only do the work (cleaning) that was required to move forward but to also share it, you truly are an inspiration. Keep Striving Hun.. up up up!
    Sorry, I couldn’t just read this and not write to thank and appluad you for an awesome piece. Great Job
    Sade from London X

Funmi A
    September 3, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Love. Love. LOVE. I am also right on the verge with not nearly as many followers, but feeling as an African woman – THIS is not the dream that I want. I am often frustrated and depressed because the life I want to live and the life I live differ so much — where do I cut the cord? This is inspirational and real. Thank you for this post.

Kimsue
    September 19, 2016 at 7:01 am

This was just the inspiration I needed! You always deliver❤️ Thank you!

Inga
    October 23, 2016 at 7:50 pm

I just discovered you and your blog today, and I loved this post. I love reading the transparency of people, especially someone with a large social media following because usually, those kinds of people only show you the highlight reels of their life. I loved your honesty here.

Sasha Lamoni
    December 29, 2016 at 6:57 am

Omg! This is so beautiful and amazing! The key to life is to never quit and to ride the storm baby!?!?! We as women have to do what we need to do to pursue our dreams. I swear we have so much in common. It’s ok you were with your mom cleaning floors. You did all this to pursue your dream. Just keep pushing and having faith. I am facing some of the very things you’re facing and have the same beliefs system as you. Life is good. Your healthy, ambitious, hungry and a dreamer! Love your blog. See you in Paris!!! Sashafearce_

Sasha