Coffee Break FASHION OOTD

Coffee Break

Hi loves!

Throughout my entire career life beginning with my very first job at the mall, I always made sure to dress up and look presentable. I remember a few years back when I was working for an attorney, I would dress up even though my manager told me the company’s dress code was more on the casual side for there staff. That didn’t filter through for me because I still went in everyday looking fabulous lol.  I always took pride on how I dressed no matter where I went. It wasn’t always on the rather stylish side, (hey, we all had our fashion no no’s) but looking back, its fun to see how much my sense of style has evolved. I personally believe it’s important to feel good, not only on the inside but on the outside as well.

When you work in an office space it’s easy to get uninspired, but I always tell everyone to continue to FIND inspiration. The reason why I chose to dress up everyday in a casual environment, was because I found it important to dress up for the job I wanted to represent for myself and for the job I envisioned for myself for the future. That gave me motivation and helped me to continue envisioning goals I had set up for myself. I dressed up because I knew I wanted to be in the fashion industry, so dressing up inspired me.

Even if it’s a 9-5 job, take pride on how you walk into the office. It not only gives the impression you care about your job, but it makes you feel good even if you are having one of those not so good days. If you want to move up in life, a promotion, a raise etc- all that really has a lot to do with the way you carry yourself, not just physically, but mostly internally. Positivity shows when you project that energy out, so might as well amp it up a notch and look good while you’re at it 😉 Trust me when I say, there are times I just want to wear sweats and stay on my couch all day and that’s okay. But I also think when you put good energy out, and you take the time to invest in yourself, good things come your way. Project good, and it comes right back to you- physically, mentally and emotionally.

As a blogger, my type of job demands me to always stay on my A GAME. Evolving has been part of my success. If I stayed stagnant and had not invest in myself, I don’t think I would be where I’m at today. One thing that always worked for me was preparing my looks the night before a big interview or any business meetings I had planned for my clothing boutique. Not only did it save me time in the morning but it allowed me to envision my style, learn more about my style and what I wanted for my brand, and other important things like taking extra time to eat and getting my day planned out.

If you have time tonight I want you to take a moment and go in your closet and plan your outfit out the day before. Look inside your closet and see if you can pull a cute outfit together for the next day, even if your job doesn’t require you to dress up. You don’t have to do this everyday if your job doesn’t require you to, but I think getting in a routine and putting a little bit of effort a day or two really makes a difference on the way you feel! See what works and what doesn’t and let me know what you think! I love styling and helping others bring their style to life. Going through my closet also helps me find hidden gems like this dress shown in todays blog. I love this dress from ACURRATOR & the boots are my recent purchase from Steve Madden. I don’t incorporate booties in my summer outfits often but this works. My handbag is from Staud.

I really hope this blog gets you inspired ladies. Evolve, change your mindset and go get them goals!

xo, K

Niseyy
    June 28, 2017 at 10:46 pm

Loveeeee your style ❤️ You’re such an inspiration & is motivating me to become a fashion blogger 😚

Veniece
      June 30, 2017 at 1:44 pm

I really appreciate this post. I have always chosen to dress nice regardless of the situation. Even when I worked in a casual setting, my sense of style still stood out. My choosing to dress this way always made me stand out at work. Which led to dozens of co-workers both men and woman asking me for fashion and interior design advice (my cubicle also had a sense of style LOL) and/or to style and shop for them or their significant other. This happened at two different large companies that I worked for. Which eventually led me to start working as a stylist and a buyer. (It is amazing what can be birthed when you choose to do you and not choose to fit in. I also drive Lyft and Uber part-time. I often receive comments on my style. This has led to other opportunities as well. Which shows me that the way one chooses to dress is important and can lead to advancement. Thanks again for the post!

June 30, 2017 at 4:32 pm

So glad you have such lifestyle. I feel the same and If I’m having a bad clothing day I rather stay home or hit the gym. xoxoxo

Sahony Natasha
    June 28, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Love the dress and the bag babe! I will try the challenge. I always think about picking out my clothes the night before but never do it. Let’s see if it motivates me more.

xo. SN | http://www.sahonynatasha.com

Officiallychic
    June 28, 2017 at 11:37 pm

I’m totally agree that when you look good, you feel good! It’s like that beauty that you’re seeing on the outside makes you feel good on the inside. And it all correlates to loving yourself and taking care of yourself. Love this post and those boots girl! Keep up the motivational posts! Thanks!

June 29, 2017 at 10:04 am

So glad you got to read babe : ) XO Thank you

Nicky
    June 29, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Project good from the inside and out, and greats things will come to you in return. Great post and as always, great outfits 🙂

AJ
    June 29, 2017 at 12:48 pm

I know I will not come close to you. After seeing this dress I need to rethink my outfit to NYC on Saturday. I absolutely love your style it’s chic, why, classy, fun, ……….

Kimberly
    July 2, 2017 at 6:44 pm

This post has really inspired me. My 9-5 is very casual and it does sort of put me in a fashion funk at times. Regardless of my environment, I’m going to take the initiative to dress up.

Cari J
    July 7, 2017 at 10:05 am

Hi Kyrzayda! I’ve been following your blog for a while but this is my first comment! Your style is amazing and you’re just gorgeous! In college, I used to dress up for exams so that I felt great while taking a test! It really does help! Love this post!

P.S. So random but I seriously love your neutral nail color! It works with every outfit! <3

Franci
    July 17, 2017 at 6:15 pm

I’m so jealous I can’t wear my nice clothes to work. I have to use a inform. But trust me when I tell you I sure wear them to work and change. I love looking pretty and feeling good about myself. Love you and your style. The way you put everything together is amazing. Everything looks good on her. Don’t you ageee ladies? Keep inspiring people. You doing an amazing job. 😘🤗

Jessica
    July 27, 2017 at 7:26 pm

I am really enjoying your blog, Kyrzayda. I agree with prepping the night before. I find that when I do, I’m more put together the next day. Great tip! Keep up the good work!

Dress Code 💕💕🌺 Summer Outfit Idea by kyrzayda