FASHION lifestyle OOTD

Reasons to Smile

For a long time I felt insecure to show my smile in pictures because of my chipped tooth. I was dealing with this for over a year and unable to get it fixed because of the cost (getting an implant is like putting down for a house down payment! Lol). So it wasn’t until last year that I decided to invest on my new tooth. My smile was important to me; as a blogger and influencer I felt it was taking away from opportunities I did not want to miss out on. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with imperfections. This isn’t about being vain. We all have flaws and that is what makes us unique. But at the end of the day, it’s all about being happy when you look at yourself in the mirror.

A good friend of mine recommended I’d go see Dr. Scherrer (Advanced Dental Care) My first appointment was back in November. I felt very comfortable with Dr. S so I followed up with another appointment in December, and decided to proceed with the implant. It took until April to get the entire procedure done, however it wasn’t until a few weeks ago that I got my crown in and believe me, every single penny was so worth the wait. The whole procedure was about $5k, and I did pay out of pocket unfortunately as I do not have health insurance at the moment.

Dress Vicidolls Booties Basalt  Sunglasses Quay

Taking care of your teeth and your health is so important. A few years back I wouldn’t have invested on something like this, even while having a job. But I made it a priority to put away money for this and I’m very happy with the outcome. Trust me, I could’ve used that money on a bag or go on another vacation, but decided to invest in myself first this time.

The next step is getting my teeth nice and white! I just went in for my cleaning last week and I promised myself to stay loyal to my dentist. The fear I had is no longer taking control of me.

So, if you’re like me and having a hard time going to the dentist because of fear or maybe because it is out of your budget, do the best you can and start saving and get it done. Our health is important; it’s not just about looking good physically but feeling good as well. Our teeth is just as important as going to the gym to get ripped abs or that perfect butt!

I hope this blog inspired you guys in a different kind of way, because style and fashion are important but so is your health.

Xo, K

Alicia
    July 4, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Trust me I understand this issue. I have my fathera moith and my mothera teeth. My dentist wants to do several implants and I have health insurancewith a $2000 cap in dental work! But, I also have student loans.

Veniece
    July 4, 2017 at 11:01 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I have a fear of the dentist & like you do not have insurance. But I will find a way. Congrats on your new smile.:)

July 5, 2017 at 3:22 am

Love this post hun! X

Michelle
    July 6, 2017 at 1:59 pm

It’s so hard when you don’t have dental insurance. A lot of dental colleges offer discounted rates for dental care but for something like this it’s probably worth the investment. Love your smile!

Cathy
    July 8, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Thanks for being honest! You are such a Beautiful woman, and its nice to see that you’re down to earth, and not just all about Beauty and Fashion. Imperfections are real, but its up to us to improve our self worth. Thanks for the encouragement! Your Style is Awesome!!

Nene
    July 8, 2017 at 6:00 pm

I’m in the same situation as you. I had a total of 4 teeth to get fixed in my mouth. 2 had broke off. I was so embarrassed and had to remember to keep my mouth closed when I smiled. I was worried about where I was going to get the money from to handle this situation. I applied for this health credit card called Care Credit and was approved. So I got 2 fixed and have 2 more to go! My next step is to get my teeth whitened as well.

I love you ruffled off the shoulder shirt. I saw some similar ones here:

Jewels
    July 9, 2017 at 6:25 pm

Even with insurance dental is rarely covered at 100% percent and there is ALWAYS a cap!! I learned the hard way as I have most certainly spent over 15,000 (out of pocket) for my teeth! I have had 3 root canals, and most recently a bridge (that cost 4,000… insurance paid for most but I had to pay 800 out of pocket). I have also had braces 😩…all that being said, it has been money well spent! I get the most compliments on my teeth. People do not believe that they are real!!! Thanks for sharing, as there are many others that have teeth insecurities and or issues!!

Tami Jones
    July 11, 2017 at 4:12 pm

I’m perfections are what makes us who we are… Happy that you embraced your imperfection, and fixed it for yourself, and not for others! We are all uniquely made.

Lashawyne
    July 11, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Thank you for sharing and being brave. My dentist told me our teeth tell the story of our lives! I want mine to say health and strength! Love you for that bravery ❤️

1000CUBED
    July 12, 2017 at 10:46 pm

Those boots are amazing ! We sell new and preowned designer clothes that we think you’d love! Use our limited-time promo code “LAUNCH” for 50% off of your entire order!! Hurry up because the sale ends Saturday at 9 ET! Happy shopping!😋🛍🎀

xo

Jandrew
    July 14, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Teeth are so important to self esteem, and overall health . Stand up call your Senator today and say VOTE NO on this new Trump care. Don’t let yourselves lose your health.
    Sorry I just had to rant !!
    Love your post
    Jandrew
    Dress The Part

Jessica
    August 10, 2017 at 7:09 am

A ruffled peach off-the-shoulder dress tied with a denim jacket? Yes please! Love the multibuckled booties and the sunglasses!