Real Talk NYFW

As influencers you might wonder, why do the things we do?! For me, it’s simple. I’m driven by my own passion. I know where I came from, the gain and the losses, so I refuse to settle. When I quit my job last year, I did not know where full time blogging would take me. I had so much fear in me but I kept reminding myself that fear is what gets us far; we need to be out of our comfort zone sometimes in order to get through it.

Every year at Fashion Week I learn so much about myself, others, and how I can improve my brand. As you guys know this is my business, so I try to invest as much as I can.
From hotels, traveling, food, commute expenses, clothes, going to meetings with PR, lunches with bloggers- all this requires time, planning and most importantly- MONEY. I try to save every penny when I get paid from a campaign because I know come September, with Fashion Week into play, I put a lot of work into planning and making sure I’m representing my brand the best way I can.

One may ask why I would spend my own hard earned cash. At the end of the day for me, I’m trying to build my business and get as many opportunities as I can. Going to these events allows me to connect with PR, Brands, Designers etc and networking at these events can open doors, with the potential to one day be dressed by one of theses amazing designers.

I’m not going to lie, sometimes it’s hard for me to get out of my comfort zone, so I have to forcefully put myself out there, (yes I know this is the girl who is always posting on the gram) however, I still have to fight some fears. I always tell myself to concentrate on the prize. Focus on setting up goals for yourself and work on tackling down each goal. That’s what gets me going every time, fear and all!

I’m constantly getting asked how I go about attending fashion shows. During the course of the year I establish relationships with Brands and their PR teams, and those same brands reach out to invite me to attend different shows. Unfortunately there are no plus ones unless given. For runway, there are usually no plus ones so I’m riding solo most of the time. I must admit, I love going alone but I do not limit myself from meeting bloggers and catching up with bloggers I’ve met in the past.

Another great source Is GSP RADAR. GSP RADAR is a platform that allows me to RSVP to select designers events which is pretty cool. My advice for you if you’re trying to go to a show is to network as much as you can with PR. I will reach out to everyone sometimes I know, and sometimes I’ll get ton of responses back, and sometimes I won’t! That’s the nature of the game ladies and gents. I’ve learned not to take it personal.

Trust when I say, as a minority especially, I have to work 10 times harder than your average blogger. Many will not understand, and I’m not here to be bitter about it. If anything it makes me work harder and motivates me to get better. I know my time will come. There can be some mean girls at these events, but I always like to tell people- If you are an influencer with a huge platform and a million followers, be NICE to everyone! Again, I try not to take anything personal when it comes to these events and certain people I meet, but character is always something a person will observe wether they tell you or not. So being respectful and nice, really isn’t that hard to do! At the end of the day, it all comes down to what I love, and that is fashion. That is what I come to tackle down during Fashion Week- meet great people, see amazing fashion, network, and building my brand.

For my look I’m rocking these fun black pants from forever21 and the blazer belongs to my friend who thought both would work together nicely.(it’s a mens piece) I love all black especially during fashion week. Black is always a go to staple. The ruffle earrings also complement the pants well. This outfit was giving me a soft, chic look.What do you guys think?

Why do you love what you do? Leave some comments below! 🙂

Hasta Luego

Kk

Julia
    September 17, 2017 at 7:08 pm

This post was so motivating and inspiring!! I love how humble you are and as one of your followers for a few years now, it is amazing to see your journey and how far you’ve come. I am still new to blogging (a little over a year now) and defintiely need to start putting myself out there more and achieving my goals. I hope to achieve the same amount of success with blogging as you one day! ❤️

Ida
      September 17, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Oh wow! I just posted a comment then read yours. Just started following Kyrzayda and it must be confirmation about her and her blog. Best with your blogging as well!

Julia
        September 17, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Thank you!!

Ida
    September 17, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Great read…as usual! But I ❤️ what I do as a woman. I enjoy being a good daughter; good sister; good aunt; good friend etc. It is fulfilling to say these things but even more fulfilling when others say “I appreciate you.” I love that I can share a kind word with others even when I am not feeling my best. I am proud to say “I like me!” I follow your blog and others that share their love of style (not fashion) but are inviting with their journey. I hope your dreams continue to be manifested. We see you workin’ girrrrl! #StayHumbleInStyle 👍🏽

G. Purrier
    September 17, 2017 at 8:05 pm

To make a living I work with children and infants. It’s truly a joy to be a part of their lives as they grow and progress. It makes it even more evident to me how amazing our Creator is, in how he created humans. My ideal full-time job is sharing the Bible with those willing to listen, because it’s message is truly comforting and beneficial to all.

Styled by Sharrona
    September 17, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Awesome blog! It is inspiring to learn more about your journey as a blogger and your insight on how to approach Fashion Week! Thanks for the tips and may God continue to bless you on your journey! I ❤️ Forever21!

Nathanel
    September 17, 2017 at 9:09 pm

So chic and classy 😎! I love what I do because it gives me the opportunity to be free and spend more time with my family.

Alisha Ricki
    September 17, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Obsessed with those pants !! xo, Alisha Ricki | Life(Style) &Travel,

Carole Barclay
    September 17, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Very insightful! I love stalking your IG pages.😩😂I heard the blogging /fashion biz is not for the weak. Keep at it , with God all things are possible. May he continue to cover you with his grace.

J3jeannie
    September 18, 2017 at 5:17 am

Awesome Read !! I have my own business and it’s a constant grind, however I would never give it up because just like you I’m so passionate about what I do. Continue the great work because you are an inspiration. 💕💕👌🏽

Melodie
    September 18, 2017 at 9:16 am

who is the designer for the shoes????

Sherrell Carter
    September 18, 2017 at 10:31 am

You’re such an inspiration 🖤

Dal
    September 18, 2017 at 11:35 am

I definitely understand where you’re coming from when you talk about branching yourself out into the world. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. It’s all about putting yourself out there in the world because you never know what may come about it. I know it’s never easy and it’s even crazier to read that you even quit your job last year to see where this could take you! You’re in inspiration Kryzayda! Hope that one of these days I get to meet you. ♥️

September 18, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Fab! <3

tatiana boyce
    September 18, 2017 at 7:27 pm

I am BEYOND inspired by your post! You’re so right about how being a minority and having to work 10x harder. That always crosses my mind but seeing you do your thing in the fashion biz really gives me hope. Thank you so much Kyrzayda!

-Tatiana

Angie Kay
    September 19, 2017 at 12:23 am

I totally love the outfit. And the read was just what I needed as I am an inspiring blogger. Inspiring coz I simply cant get the courage to put myself out there. But im working on it.
    Such good insight on what it takes to progress your brand. Thankyou for this.

Michelle
    September 19, 2017 at 8:57 pm

GPS Radar is the best – that was the first piece of advice you gave me on how to break into fashion week. New bloggers need to sign up as soon as they can! I agree that it’s hard to put yourself out there but there’s no time for fear! Keep hustling!

Jandrew
    September 20, 2017 at 6:37 pm

I am someone who needs a helping hand now and then . I darling am that rare beast a man who writes a fashion blog for women 🦄 . I am doing fairly well , I find that when I do reach out to other fashion bloggers they always resist. So darling I put out a challenge to all you fashion bloggers to visit my blog , leave a comment and thus start a conversation. I’m not scary Im a gay man who knows Fashion, fashion design and fashion history !!
    I wait with baited breath darlings!
    Jandrew
    Dress The Part

Karma Gibbs
    September 22, 2017 at 10:48 am

Our comfort zone is the embryo, we have to work hard not to live there… I love this pants