FASHION lifestyle OOTD

Nude

Hey guys,

Today’s first day of chemo was a success! (well three days ago) Thank you all for being so kind and supportive during this time. Your support has been overwhelming but in a good way. It feels great to know that I have a great support system and am not alone in this process.

I went to bed last night pouring my heart out to God. I prayed for my body to be strong, and to stay positive on my bad days. I swear, I woke up today not feeling so afraid compared to my recent hospital visits. As weird as it may sound, I found myself smiling. I was calm and accepting of the chemo process. I reflected over the past 17 years of my life; moving out of my parents house at the age of 17,(my rebel years) always doing things my way and relying on no-one. When I didn’t have a car to go to work I knew the solution were to walk 8 blocks to the bus station everyday. I refused to ask anyone for help and I never complained. Shortly after I became a single mom and although I was grateful to have that independence at a young age, I was blessed to have the support of my mother and helped me raised my daughter.

Cleary life was not easy being a young mom at that age, and I knew I had to work extremely hard to give my daughter the life she deserved. I remember working 3 jobs at the mall making barely enough to get by. I worked so hard and eventually got a management position at one of the retail stores, and it was the best feeling in the world for me at that time. The year was 1999, and being able to have that opportunity made me realize that whatever I wanted to be in life I knew I could and would, achieve.

Every milestone in my life is because I pushed, hard. It definitely wasn’t a smooth journey, but I never gave up on myself. My life lessons taught me to be humble, always. And so these pasts few weeks was a bit of a reality check for me, and has humbled me even more. I say this because I haven’t been able to rely on doing things myself with the cancer news and hospital visits. Yesterday I gave it all to God. I prayed for guidance, and for strength. Sometimes in life when we fall, we need others to help us get back up. I’m learning that these past few weeks and am beyond grateful. I am learning not to let pride get in the way.

One of my amazing followers reached out to Anthony to open a Go Fund Me to help raise money towards my medical expenses. She felt it was a way of paying forward because someone did it for her when she was battling Cancer. Her message was beautiful. I wasn’t planning on opening one because as an entrepreneur, I didn’t want anyone judging me, or feel like I was a burden. But as I mentioned before, I’m learning to let my pride down and understand that it is okay to receive help. I cannot express how much joy it brings me to know that God has put such wonderful people in my life. I can rest a bit knowing that if things were to get rough, I have that safety net that will help with medical bills. I’m going to share the link because I’m planning on doing something special in the future. Anything is truly appreciated!

Blogging and being a creative person makes me happy, so I’m going to do everything I can to continue to create content for you guys. I wanted to make sure today’s blog is not just about my personal life, so here are some fun outfit ideas for this weeks holiday festivities! I’m excited to get my hands on some turkey, yum 🙂

All white is such a pretty pallet for Fall. The top and shorts are from Vicidolls and I opted to pair the look with my OTS from last year. I kept it the same color combo. Off white is great with reds or deep olive greens. Below are a few links with fun looks you can mimic!

Thank you for allowing me to get a little more personal than usual. Thank you for letting me be fun and creative, and for building a community where I can bring my vision for the world to see. You truly are amazing, and everyone’s good vibes has really touched me beyond words. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Be Thankful everyday : )

xoxo,

Kk

November 24, 2017 at 6:43 am

Obsessed <3

Anthony Fazzinga
    November 24, 2017 at 12:22 pm

❤️

January
    November 24, 2017 at 7:15 pm

God bless you! You covered and healed!

Sharese Williams
    November 24, 2017 at 7:15 pm

YOU are amazing!!! You are always so positive and optimistic! You are such an inspiration!! Praying fervently for successful treatments! Keep the faith and know that God’s got this! No battle is too hard or difficult for him! 🙂

November 24, 2017 at 8:28 pm

I love that you once again gave us the real you. You will push through even if us as your followers have to do the pushing for you. You gave taught me to be courageous and to believe and push and as a result I started my very own blog. Thank you for always being an inspiration and allowing me the opportunity to be a part of your life. I continue to wish upon you better days ahead. Love you much💜😉

November 24, 2017 at 8:30 pm

One more thing I think the title is very fitting not only because you are wearing nude colors but because you are showing the real you on the inside so it’s like your nude but not in a literal way💜😉

Nicole
    November 24, 2017 at 8:44 pm

❤️🙏🏾

Charmaine’s
    November 24, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Loved the looks and your positivity.
    Keep it up babes the almighty got your back.

Shaunic
    November 24, 2017 at 9:15 pm

I just started following you a few months ago. I love your style and vibe. I am praying for you. I know by faith you are healed and whole in Jesus name. Be encouraged. Be STRONG. And keep smiling.

Naja Hines
    November 24, 2017 at 10:22 pm

❤️

Mizzy Bizzy
    November 25, 2017 at 6:04 am

Keep bossing, praying and smiling I love your energy and style! We are all here for your journey and healthy recovery. As
    A nurse I know it can be tough, but focus on the positive things surrounding your life instead:) Best wishes and much love to you😘🙏🏾

Mizzy_Bizzy

Quiana Brown
    November 25, 2017 at 7:03 am

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10

Sahony Natasha
    November 25, 2017 at 7:48 am

May God bless you throughout this tough journey. FUERZA. Con Dios todo se puede.

2 Corinthians 5:7

xo. SN | http://www.sahonynatasha.com

Gen
    November 25, 2017 at 8:16 am

Thank you for being so transparent. You’ve always been my IG bff (in my head) and the news you’ve shared made me so sad. You have truly been and will continue to be an inspiration since the very beginning of your journey on IG. I pray for your healing physically and mentally. God’s Peace!

-Gi ❤️

Dana
    November 25, 2017 at 10:41 am

Simply amazing! First I’ve read your blog, but have been following in IG for a few months. Your style is flawless, so following was inevitable. To see this personal side touches me deeply having seen cancer in my family. I pray and know you will beat this, with grace. Heck, even if less than graceful, kick its arse! I’m also one who fights relying on others. Eventually we do need to, “unfortunately” 😀. I look forward to future blogs. Get it, warrior.

Cathlee
    November 25, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Absolutely loving this outfit 💕 and you are truly an inspiration girly I have been praying for you and I know that you are going to get through this you have inspired me more than you know also as a single mom you got this babe🎈

Nikki Allen
    November 28, 2017 at 2:43 pm

As always I enjoy reading what u write about .. I will be praying for u that God will heal u completely that he will not just give u strength but be your strength this is just another part of your story .. The Father love u and is with u at every moment…. forever a fan from Detroit !!! It’s all good Jesus got u !!!!!

Eliska
    November 29, 2017 at 7:35 am

God bless you, Lady, you are an example to follow, not just in terms of fashion..

Caie Reid
    November 29, 2017 at 4:37 pm

I pray That God totally heals you hear on earth. You’re such an inspiration to so many. I love how transparent you are . And how much fight you have. Continue to stand on Gods word. He healed Doodie Osteen from Cancer and I believe he will do the same for you . Be brave beauty. You have more outfits to show us and many more stories to tell.

Johniel
    November 29, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Many gos continue to bless and protect you! You are strong, and inspirational. Continue to pray, and your faith will carry you through. This will pass but your creative and ambition will go on forever ! I applaud you and hope that you see this and smile. You’re truly an amazing spirit inside and out. Sending love and kisses, you’re not alone through any of this !

Jade
    November 29, 2017 at 6:45 pm

This is my first time visiting your blog. Your story instagram floated down my explore page.
    At first, just in owe of the outfits I hit the link to your blog. I must say I know sit awe of women in the outfits.
    So brave of you to share this story and I thought the writing was excellent.

I hope one day our paths cross! I pray you are well. And when you ready I would love to do some yoga with you! I’m an instructor in Philly.

Sending love & light
    Jadejavon

Jody
    November 29, 2017 at 6:59 pm

May the Lord continue to guide and protect you through the process! Praying for healing…

Lala
    November 29, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Thanking for being so real so open and honest;this is in essence why I love following you on ig

Lisa
    November 30, 2017 at 7:31 am

You inspire. ❤

Latonya Smith
    December 1, 2017 at 1:22 am

Beautiful inside and out! Praying for healing🙏🏽