Coffee Break – Self love

Hello Darlings,

I will never forget that one phone call on November 2nd, 2017, when I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Gastric Cancer. I found myself drowning in tears, all kinds of feelings came upon me: anger, disbelief, and extreme sadness. I remember clearly I wanted those I love the most near me – I wanted to share this news with them. I remember being in front of my mother and I held my tears so she would think I was strong but inside I wanted  her to hold me as she did when I was a child.

Vomiting, nausea, hospital, needles and a bunch of medication took over my life. The worst part, the one word we all fear, Chemo. I couldn’t believe it,  I never thought I would say this,  “wow, it’s happening….I, Kyrzayda Rodriguez, have cancer.  I suddenly started feeling depressed and my thoughts were taking over me. At that point I felt I was going to loose this battle. I wanted to share with you this part of my story because this is how I won and this is how I carry cancer I don’t let cancer carry me.

This is how the journey began on learning how to embrace myself. I lost my hair and the glow that once had. I’m still adapting to it, not going to lie it’s hard. However, I’m rocking it and you guys have been extremely supportive. At times we believe that self-love is changing our physical appearance in ways that we believe society is going accept us. In reality we forget to look at ourselves in the mirror and see the inner beauty that lies within us. At our worst that self-love will save us. I had to learn the hard way,  to appreciate life in a way that I’m thankful for everything and everyone I have in my life.

Life is so precious and we should not wait for something bad to happen for us to realize self-love. It has nothing to do with the body, it’s truly loving you no matter what anyone says. It’s your soul and your essence. I will continue to get up in the morning wishing for a good day. Looking for that outfit and taking those pictures. I love that blogging helps me stay inspired. It’s a constant reminder for me not to give up. This platform is a blessing and I want to continue creating beautiful content for you guys!

Remember if your going through something go and search a little deeper for that self-love within.

Outfit Details: Maxi Dress Vicidolls Jeans JBrand (old) Also Like HERE Booties Revolve Watch JBW Watches

Thanks for stopping by, xo K

Charmine Asseng
    January 22, 2018 at 8:36 am

Your so beautiful and amazing, I will keep you in my prayers and stay strong! we all love you

Tanya
    January 22, 2018 at 9:11 am

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! GOD’S LOVE & LIGHT ARE EMANATING FROM YOU!!!🌞⭐🙏YOU GOT THIS👊💕🌹😘

January 22, 2018 at 9:14 am

Fab look <3

Cierra
    January 22, 2018 at 9:20 am

We definitely all have our unique battles that we are fighting. You continue to be such a motivation to others that feel like life is continuously knocking them down. Thank you for being a light and continue to shine!

Erica
    January 22, 2018 at 9:23 am

Your such an inspiration! Pray that God continually strengthens and heals you totally!

Erica A.
    January 22, 2018 at 9:24 am

Your such an inspiration! May God guide, lead and strengthen you during this time!

Kayla
    January 22, 2018 at 9:26 am

Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your story. I’ll pray everything goes well.

Jaye Rose
    January 22, 2018 at 9:34 am

Beautiful….

Faith Barnes
    January 22, 2018 at 9:52 am

Speechless. I love that you keep going and your beauty radiates all the more.

LI LI
    January 22, 2018 at 10:28 am

Beautiful praying and sendin ? lots of love and light your way

Joanne Gonzalez
    January 22, 2018 at 10:44 am

You are a true warrior!!

Tieranie
    January 22, 2018 at 1:19 pm

Love this post!

Coco baisa
    January 22, 2018 at 2:27 pm

Beautiful words. So inspirational. I battled breast cancer 2 yrs ago. Had surgery and radiation treatment. I’ve been cancer free since and I’m thankful and try to move on. I still suffer with the anxiety of it reappearing but I must continue to live and enjoy life because nothing is promised. Thank you for being you and continuing to lift us up even thru your struggles. I admire you♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Jeanette Santaella
    January 22, 2018 at 3:50 pm

Looking good from head to toe ❤️

Judith Rivera
    January 22, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Mi abuelito also had stage 4 gastric cancer. But, he was like you. His faith, the love of the family helped him become stronger each day. You are young and full of life. I pray God grants you so many more years of life. You are an inspiration to the blogger community and more than ever, I look up to you. Continue to live your life to the fullest, continue to spread hope in those moments were you feel hopeless and continue to deepen your relationship with GOD. HE is the one who gives strength when we are weak. Remember you have an army of sisters praying for you. You will never be alone. Love, Judith.

Veronica
    January 22, 2018 at 5:38 pm

Yes! Self love within not the outer stuff! Prayers for your speedy recovery! Love !

Meli Rivera
    January 22, 2018 at 5:51 pm

You are truly such an inspiration I am blown away by your words. The way you look at life is beautiful and you continue to push forward with such grace. May God continue to give you strength and peace. You are the bomb girl never forget it!

January 22, 2018 at 7:20 pm

This is my favorite post. I LOVE IT…..your words speak to me. Self love is something I learned and I can’t be happier. I have learned so much about myself through this self love that I encourage everyone to do the same. Thank you for always being so real and raw because it makes you so beautiful. I can’t wait till the day that I can meet you just so I can hug you and say thank you in person💜😉 love the outfit as usual 😁

Uty
    January 22, 2018 at 7:55 pm

All I see is a beautiful Queen 👑

Natbaby
    January 22, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Praying for you heavy… always beautiful inside and out!

Nicole
    January 22, 2018 at 8:25 pm

Your truly Amazing, Brave & Fabulous.. Your words are so true..”Self love” is so important and I admit at age 42 I just discovered this within the last 5 years, Why? I don’t know, but with people like you, you definitely make me realize to never let it go..Thank you, thank you thank you and always look forward to your post!!!
    Nicole

Carmen
    January 22, 2018 at 8:31 pm

You are Awesome, Beautiful, Carasmatic,Powerful, inspirational and much more I’m sure. Your tenacity and perseverance is just so inspiring. I look forward to your everyday post and blogs.It is I that should thank you for letting me see myself in a different light. Sending you light and love!

Sandra G.
    January 22, 2018 at 8:41 pm

God Bless! You are inspiring so many people!

Stylebytiff
    January 22, 2018 at 8:53 pm

Your transparency is so refreshing and hearing how strong you are is inspiring

Mel Watterson
    January 22, 2018 at 8:55 pm

I wish you all the best beautiful lady. I had no idea you were going through this difficult time. Health and Happiness to you. I saw you on Instagram and absolutely fell in love with your style and personality … I immediately followed you. You are even more inspiring. ❤ Hugs from Canada.

YARL
    January 22, 2018 at 9:03 pm

You are just amaizing !! GOD BLESS YOU ❤️❤️

Anna Carolina
    January 22, 2018 at 9:21 pm

THIS IS exactly why I look forward to see your posts everyday, these words. I wish you the very best. Que Dios pase su mano sobre ti siempre, no tienes idea de cómo me inspiran tus palabras y me ayudan a ver el dia a dia de otra maner. Oro y seguiré orando por ti. Hugs de una santiaguera.

Shanel Frazier
    January 22, 2018 at 9:21 pm

You are so beautiful! I been stopping by your page for a while now. May God bless you and continue to enlarge your territories. 😘

Denise
    January 22, 2018 at 10:04 pm

You’re such an inspiration! ❤️

Zoie
    January 22, 2018 at 11:26 pm

Your lighter shines even brighter 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Marie
    January 23, 2018 at 12:34 am

Wow! You are such an inspiration! Thank God for your strength and I pray that he continues to bless you and your family. So many people needed to read this in this moment, these words. Thank You!

Samone
    January 23, 2018 at 12:45 am

About two years ago I reached out to you via DM on instagram. Initially I wanted advice on where to start as a blogger but I continued to visit your pages and I fell in awe of your passion, commitment, and dedication to your craft. After two years I still follow but my perspective is as if you are my homegirl or family memeber. I’ve grown to check your pages for inspiration and valadation, “what would Ky do?” Or would she rock this, if so how? I read about your battle and I immediately began to pray for you, your family, and those that you touch on a daily basis. You continue to inspire me even through this. I’m thankful for your transparency and selflessness. You truly are a gem.

Michele
    January 23, 2018 at 2:47 am

You are such an inspiration!!! I remember strolling through my timeline a few years ago drooling over your hair and your amazing style of course. But your hair is what originally caught my eye. My girlfriends know you as “my hair crush”. So years later as I read your post about self love and your journey with cancer I realize it’s your grace, your spirit, your positivity and your strength that I love more than your hair. Everything else is just an added bonus. So keep pushing, keep fighting and keep inspiring. I’m praying with you and for you. 🙏🏾💖😘

Kristie
    January 23, 2018 at 9:23 am

Many blessings to you! This had to be difficult to overcome because as women we put so much pressure on ourselves when it comes to hair, makeup, etc. But it’s really nothing in the big scheme of things. You look beautiful.

Natalie
    January 23, 2018 at 1:31 pm

Read this post and then a little later reading my daily devontional had this verse 1 Peter 3:4 Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. Thought it went perfect with your post! Outfits inspiring as always! 💚💚

Bunmi
    January 23, 2018 at 1:56 pm

I will continue to keep you close to my heart❤️

Krystal R
    January 23, 2018 at 4:52 pm

Thank you for continuing to share and be so open with what’s going on in your life. I love that despite the difficult changes you’re experiencing, you’re still passionate about your blog and style. I really admire your strength. Sending light & healing your way!

Also, self-care is SUPER important! I’m a social worker for a living so I care for other ppl, while often neglecting myself. I’m going to do better 🙂

Ravin
    January 23, 2018 at 9:04 pm

You’re beautiful inside and out. I’m keeping you in prayer.

Donyelle
    January 24, 2018 at 11:10 am

God bless you. Getting through Chemo is the hardest part. You will get through this. Keeping your head in a positive space is the hardest part. But gratitude now has a different meaning. When I couldn’t find anything else I would just meditate and thank God for every breath. You are amazingly beautiful inside and out. At some point you won’t Recognize your own reflection. For me that was one of the hardest things to get over. But just know God is allowing you to get strip down in every aspect of the word, but he will be right there to build you back up. One of my favorite quotes. The weight the world puts on you is Equivalent to the work God is doing in you. God is doing a great work in you. Your testimony is not only going to save your own life but also others. I’m grateful that you have a good support system. Because it’s absolutely necessary. Praying for you, your health, and most of all your state of mind. You got this, you got this, you got this ❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️

Wendy
    January 25, 2018 at 8:07 am

Sending you love and light…You are an inspiration..

Fre
    January 27, 2018 at 5:48 pm

Hey Kryzada, I found u on Pinterest about 6 or 7 months ago and was so impressed and inspired by your fashion sense. Since having my 2 children and gaining some weight, I just kinda put myself in the background. All focus becomes on kids and family. Thank u for being an inspiration to get back on track. You are totally fly!! I’m not on social media, so o just go to your website. Sorry, to hear about your cancer diagnosis, but our God is awesome!!! Jesus went to the cross and thru God’s grace, I believe that you are healed! Keep believing that! Praying for your strength and that the Lord keep u lifted!

~Tha~Golden~Lady~
    January 28, 2018 at 4:07 pm

You are so beautiful Kyrzayda, INSIDE and OUT ! x

Monica
    February 14, 2018 at 9:00 pm

Praying for you on this journey! I pray that the Lord covers you and heals you. May you find comfort in his love as well as the love and support of your family and supporters.