You guys may wonder how many looks I do every time I take pictures. I tend to shoot more than one look, which means having to bring all of my outfits with me. But the reality is, not every place I take pictures have a restroom to change in, so most times that means having to use my car as a dressing room. Whether it be gruesomely hot or bitter cold, Summer and Winter weather can be cruel come time to change in the car. It can be a bit of a challenge but it so worth it when my vision comes to life in the photos.
So yes, in all, being creative can be challenging but it’s all about thinking outside of the box and coming up with ways to make things work! If you are like me, and are always finding ways to get creative, here are a few tips I’d like to share:
1. If you are shooting indoors, make sure the place has good lighting, or investing in a good camera is key.
2. Get there early but before that def make sure to check out the space beforehand so that you get an idea of where you’d like to shoot and the vibe.
3. Find out with the owners if its okay to shoot at their space, and be friendly with the staff!
4. My to go places are Kuppi Coffee shop, Salome Coffee Shop, and Cafe Bubamara, find places that you know can make your photos pop!
5. If you like to shoot at the same places like I do, try to take pics with as many different looks as you can, that way the background scenery doesn’t get old.
6. Don’t be shy- people might start staring at you or ask you questions. Smile and pay no mind like I do. I try to get to my fav coffee shops super early or later in the day when it is not busy.
7. Plan your looks the night before. Think of the scenario and make sure you discuss inspiration shots with your Photoghapher. Communication is super important!
8. Try shooting in hotels or at home, your followers can appreciate a little staycation or just some home inspiration. When I want to switch it up I like to check out cute hotels at booking.com
and book a room for the night. I get inspiration from the aesthetics of the hotel, room service etc, and I like to get glam’d up and shoot in my room on my outfits, beauty products or about the hotel!
10. Look for inspiration from other bloggers. When I need some inspiration I love to look at my fellow blogger friends for ideas. I also love going on Pinterest and Song of Style has an amazing book “Capture you style”.
I hope these few tips can help you on how to change it up a bit. Be different- find what moves and inspires you and capture that moment.
For this outfit, I went for a simpler clean look wearing jeans from American Eagle,
turtleneck from J. Brand, coat from Fly Behavior, and flats
from Nordstrom. My Handbag is from Cuyana
they have the most amazing leather goods.
I love that my look really fits the aesthetics of this place- not only does Cafe Bubamara
have amazing breakfast but the owner makes you feel at home which is a total plus.
Can you guess which will be my next location?