Coffee Break x Creative Mind

Hi darlings,

You guys may wonder how many looks I do every time I take pictures. I tend to shoot more than one look, which means having to bring all of my outfits with me. But the reality is, not every place I take pictures have a restroom to change in, so most times that means having to use my car as a dressing room.  Whether it be gruesomely hot or bitter cold, Summer and Winter weather can be cruel come time to change in the car.  It can be a bit of a challenge but it so worth it when my vision comes to life in the photos.

So yes, in all, being creative can be challenging but it’s all about thinking outside of the box and coming up with ways to make things work! If you are like me, and are always finding ways to get creative, here are a few tips I’d like to share:
1. If you are shooting indoors, make sure the place has good lighting, or investing in a good camera is key.
2. Get there early but before that def make sure to check out the space beforehand so that you get an idea of where you’d like to shoot and the vibe.
3. Find out with the owners if its okay to shoot at their space, and be friendly with the staff!
4. My to go places are Kuppi Coffee shop, Salome Coffee Shop, and Cafe Bubamara, find places that you know can make your photos pop!
5. If you like to shoot at the same places like I do, try to take pics with as many different looks as you can, that way the background scenery doesn’t get old.
6. Don’t be shy- people might start staring at you or ask you questions. Smile and pay no mind like I do. I try to get to my fav coffee shops super early or later in the day when it is not busy.
7. Plan your looks the night before. Think of the scenario and make sure you discuss inspiration shots with your Photoghapher. Communication is super  important!
8. Try shooting in hotels or at home, your followers can appreciate a little staycation or just some home inspiration. When I want to switch it up I like to check out cute hotels at and book a room for the night. I get inspiration from the aesthetics of the hotel, room service etc, and I like to get glam’d up and shoot in my room on my outfits, beauty products or about the hotel!
10. Look for inspiration from other bloggers. When I need some inspiration I love to look at my fellow blogger friends for ideas. I also love going on Pinterest and Song of Style has an amazing book “Capture you style”.
I hope these few tips can help you on how to change it up a bit. Be different- find what moves and inspires you and capture that moment.
For this outfit, I went for a simpler clean look wearing jeans from American Eagle, turtleneck from J. Brand, coat from Fly Behavior, and flats from Nordstrom.  My Handbag is from Cuyana they have the most amazing leather goods.
I love that my look really fits the aesthetics of this place- not only does Cafe Bubamara have amazing breakfast but the owner makes you feel at home which is a total plus.
Can you guess which will be my next location?
Until next time, xo K

January 6, 2018 at 7:08 pm

The ideas inspiration is great. Love the outfit. Keep inspiring others.

Shauniece Morris
    January 6, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Thanks for sharing you tips! You are truly an inspiration to me showing me to push through adversity. I pray for God’s healing.

Heydi De Los Santos
    January 6, 2018 at 7:24 pm

January 6, 2018 at 8:26 pm

Such great photos and the outfit fits sooooo well with the aesthetics of the place! Def have to go check this place out!

January 6, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Hi kyrzayda! You are absolutely beautiful and so talented. In terms of physical beauty , what are some of your favorite foundations ?? You always look flawless!

Carole B
    January 6, 2018 at 9:16 pm

So glad to see you back blogging! Means you’re doing ok despite chemo treatment! Warms my heart I know journey can be tiresome hang in. Went thru it with my dad.

January 6, 2018 at 9:16 pm

Awesome look. Do they have those shoes in wide. Wide feet are the worst…correction, they can be challenging. Good tips! Not that I will be doing fashion shoots, but I love to see yours.

January 7, 2018 at 12:16 am

Super great tips. This post definitely helped me for my shoot next weekend.

January 7, 2018 at 5:26 am

So chic! x

January 7, 2018 at 7:57 am

This is so wonferful. You are an inspiration in so many ways. Thanks for sharing.

January 7, 2018 at 11:56 am

You out do yourself EVERY TIME K❤️
    That sweater is super cute; there is nothing like a nice warm simple but chic long sleeve sweater for a fashionable look in the fall and winter time. As an upcoming fashion blogger I always love to look at your blog site for inspiration. Your tips were extremely helpful. When I shoot with my photographer I do the same when it comes to changing in the car… haha ! If it’s too cold I just tell him to turn the heat on in the car.
    The tip that was helpful the most to me was 1, 2 and 10. I love shooting in the mornings, I never really had a chance to shoot at night because of my schedule (I’m a full time mom) but if and when I do, good lighting is key like you said. As for tip number 2 I never thought to check out the venue before shoot day which is what I need to start doing when preparing my looks. I feel like this tip is super super helpful because it helps with the concept and vibe that I’m trying to give my audience. As for tip #10… like I stated earlier I look to you for inspiration… your style, punctuality and professionalism is EVERYTHING ❤️
    And those slides are to die for ! Haha

January 7, 2018 at 10:57 pm

Thank you for always being so real. You love to see others grow. You encourage even when feeling discouraged. Thank you for sharing information and being helpful with ideas. You truly are a gem but most of all thank you for always empowering others because truly when we unite and empower and encourage each other the world just gets a little better and better. Great post💜😉

Pepa Garcia
    January 8, 2018 at 10:10 am

Kyrzayda!! Thanks so much for the tips!!! It is so helpful especially for those like me who are starting out. Is a beautiful journey and yes we must put in the work. You are such an inspiration. It was so great meeting you yesterday and it is wonderful to find a human being like you who is so willing to help others. May God bless you always. xoxo Pepa Garcia.

Jane Foster
    January 8, 2018 at 12:17 pm

Great tips….

January 11, 2018 at 11:49 pm

I would absolutely love to send you one of our beautiful ceramic designed coffee mugs! Please let me know if I can♥️♥️

January 11, 2018 at 11:51 pm

Would love to send your beautiful soul one of our ceramic designed coffee mugs❤️