On today’s blog, it’s all about sharing some tips on how to prep after a good weekend, for the one day of the week that we at times don’t look forward to… “MONDAYS”!
I love preparing for the week and I find that staying inspired plays a huge role. Here are a few ways to help:
1. Make sure you take time to clean your space or home either Saturday mornings or Sundays, I personally prefer Saturdays. It allows you to feel good and know you don’t have to worry about it for the rest of the week! Organizing is KEY!
2. Take notes or use that calendar you bought and for some reason haven’t used it, believe me, I know because it happens to me. Make sure you write down any appointments and tasks. If you have a 9-5 don’t just worry about their goals; think of yours too! By writing down your goals and tasks trust me your week will be less stressful. You’re in control!
3. It’s also good to have an idea of how your week is going to plan out. As a blogger, I keep a rack with only new clothes that I know I have to shoot and depending on the weather I can prepare my looks and content. Some bloggers prefer to shoot every day and some will shoot a few looks in one day. I actually prefer shooting every day but if you don’t have someone 24/7 it’s good to prep your looks. If you work corporate be as inspired to dress up as much as possible. If you lay out your outfit the night before you can save some extra time in the am. When I worked corporate I would always dress sharp – dress for the job you want!
4. On Sundays try to do something low-key making sure you have enough energy for Monday and the rest of the week. I love watching the food network or having some friends over. Maybe go out, spend some time with the family or friends, always make sure Sundays are for your loved ones. I feel that with that energy it will help you throughout the week.
5. As a blogger, I love making a list of everyone I would like to email on Wednesdays. I don’t like overwhelming PR companies on Mondays. So I try to wait a few days when pitching myself and my brand. Mondays are all about answering those emails. I also make copies of events and possible campaigns to make sure I don’t miss anything. It’s common for campaigns to include briefs and it’s important to read them to tackle the brands’ deliverables. I have a folder for everything. Just because I’m not in an office all day, I still try to have the mentality that this is my full-time job so I put in the work even if it means staying up past midnight.
6. Last but not least, not sure if you guys are into home decor but lately I can’t stop decorating and rearranging my apartment…watching too much Chip and Joanna – lol! When I found out about my cancer, I decided to revamp my entire apartment. Little by little I added plants, rugs, frames and made it cozy. I love my space and I love being inspired. I also created a inspo wall by my work area. The last thing I decided to do was to hire a closet expert and believe me, it’s making my life so easy. If you need inspiration go on Pinterest, make a budget for yourself and get that special place in your home to inspire you. Remember everything starts at home if you want to have an awesome week inspiration starts you. Hope you guys enjoy the blog!! Xo, K