FASHION lifestyle OOTD

Why I keep going!

Wearing Romper Vicidolls Sunglasses Freyrs Heels Revolve Handbag Chanel

Life with cancer as a blogger.

I wanted to talk today about how I’m dealing with Cancer and my business. When I first found out I had Cancer I said this is it for me I won’t be able to work. So much goes through your mind, loosing your hair, the side of effects of chemo, and all the extra that people will throw in your face. Do this, do that, don’t eat this, don’t eat that. The emotional support that followers have given me are amazing, but sometimes it can be exhausting. I honestly said to myself I will stop here, around December. I remember a few weeks after my diagnosis I got an email about working with WhoWhatWear and that changed everything for me. I said to myself  brands still want to work with me, so I did not stop and instead I let it be my motivation to continue working and doing what I truly love.

What I do is I try to shoot everything in one day such as campaigns and the boutique merchandise. I also take another day to shoot for Vicidolls. I coordinate my good days to try to shoot as much of the content so that I can rest on those days I have chemo on or am not feeling well.

My family is always concerned about me still working and shooting but I really think it helps my mental stage in which I’m in. I feel like it’s ok to rest and give your body that time to heal but after 4 days it is not acceptable to stay in bed. I try my best to get up and get dressed even if it is for a selfie.

Sharing content is still important to me because as a blogger fighting cancer you don’t see that as much and I know my fight only motivates those who are looking for strength as well. Whether battling a disease or battling bullies or even battling themselves.

We see the good aspect of the blogger world but it’s ok to still blog with the extra perks.

That is why if your dealing with anything in life giving up simply because you think you have to should not be an excuse to stop doing what you love. If it’s dressing pretty or simply just showing up, you have to do it. Trust me, sometimes I wish I did not have to do it all but I know God has given this task and this battle and I have to find the balance in both.

For sure cancer has changed my life. There are times I break down on my knees because the heart break is bigger than the actual cancer. Your life changes and you now have to adapt to all those things you once had and can’t no longer enjoy. Do I hate I can’t travel as much, of course but I also know it’s all for my health. Sacrificing a little for the big picture in the future. Like I said once till I can’t anymore I will be blogging and posting and sharing what is now the lifestyle of someone with Cancer. She won’t stop because someone said she should just rest. Why just rest?

I don’t have my whole life and so I will do what I love and I’m glad you guys can join me. I hope this can give you a bit more understanding to everyone still wondering why I do what I do! Thanks for reading xo, K

Arylifestyle
    May 7, 2018 at 1:31 pm

keep going warrior, you got this

Sarealla
    May 7, 2018 at 1:40 pm

It’s very inspiring and motivating just watching you continue to do what you do. Your a very beautiful woman inside and out, and I pray for your healing and strength, and you continue to do what you love because it’s very powerful.

Patsy
    May 7, 2018 at 2:14 pm

I am a physician who stumbled across your blog about a month ago and I really have to tell you that you are a true inspiration. You are an example of why what we do is so important. You may be doing what you need to do by pushing through but by doing so you let the world know, THIS is what bravery looks like. THIS is what strength looks like. God is using you to teach everyone who sees you.

Jandrew
    May 7, 2018 at 3:49 pm

I stopped reading your post for a moment to try and put myself in your shoes. They were high, unsteady and It felt hard to maintain balance .
    I’ve never faced cancer , and your bravery is remarkable. I have faced bullying, and extreme homophobia, to the point where I was beaten down , but on the verge of suicide , I rose up . I stood proudly in my imaginary high heels , and said I here to fight.
    It’s been a long hard fight , I have had a life sometimes crippled by depression and anxiety. But there is no alternative, you’ve told me something’s I needed to hear ! You are what bravery is made of , you taught
    me about strength and that god loves everyone ! Love 💕 is everything and you write with love. Thank-you
    Jandrew
    Dress The Part

Felicia
      May 8, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Yes totally agree!! God is so faithful!! Your strength helps me to keep going and to keep it moving!! You are amazing!

Katrina Muckelroy
      May 14, 2018 at 2:59 pm

You are amazing! Please keep doing what you are doing it and how you are doing it! We love you and for me never ever met you…
      Katrina
      Houston,TX

Lashawyne
    May 7, 2018 at 5:44 pm

You are more than a conqueror! Keep fighting the good fight of faith!!!
    Thank you for sharing your journey with us❤️

Karin
    May 7, 2018 at 7:06 pm

You are amazing. A true inspiration in so many ways. It sounds like you approach life the way you approach styling—with endless creativity, passion, and a style that’s truly your own. Thank you for sharing ❤️ Wishing you many more good days. Be well ❤️

Rhonda Gill
    May 7, 2018 at 10:16 pm

Thank you soooo much for sharing your story. You are killing it with your post. All I see is confidence in very photo. I appreciate you, your strength and the love for God that you share. Keep going!!

Francis Stephenson
    May 7, 2018 at 11:12 pm

Hi, I used to follow you when I was on IG for your fashion sense and gracious style. I’m Now on twitter and follow you for that as well but most importantly now I follow you because you inspire and motivate me to keep fighting the good fight even when I don’t feel like getting out of bed. Keep sharing my sister in Christ. Your trial is your testimony, I uplift you in my thoughts and prayers and it is my hope our lord fills you with the peace and strength you need every day .

Velencia
    May 8, 2018 at 8:13 am

You are such a beautiful ,strong women!! Keep pushing you got this!

Diana
    May 8, 2018 at 8:31 am

Inspiration for all us ! Keep what makes you happy !

Dee Sagoo
    May 8, 2018 at 9:24 am

Hi,

I’m from London and I stumbled across your page. You truly are strong and inspirational and I hope you know how awesome you are.
    I hope you visualise seeing yourself full of health and vitality and I will be praying on my side for you too..x..

Binny Rosario
    May 8, 2018 at 9:50 am

Kyrzaida,
    Eres la primera blogueara que comencé a seguir y para fue un orgullo saber que eras dominicana. Admiro mucho tu trabajo y te deseo que te sanes pronto. Enviándote mucha enerigia positiva y buena. Eres un ejemplo a seguir y una gran guerrera! Éxitos y mucha salud

Valeria Handy
    May 8, 2018 at 10:15 am

You are amazing and truly an inspiration. I read where you said, “you don’t have your whole life” but you do…your “whole” life is as long as GOD grants you to live. And LIVING is what you are doing WELL!!! I see confidence, perseverance, and beauty, inside and out. I am elated whenever I log on and see you doing YOU!!! Believing and praying with you. May GOD continue to bless you and continue to increase your territory. Much love.

Laurie Wade
    May 8, 2018 at 10:41 am

From one survivor to another…..keep letting your light shine.

We Came…
    We Fought!
    We’re Gonna Win!!!

Love your post….keep allowing God to use you to inspire others.

Tammy ludlow
    May 8, 2018 at 11:04 am

I am a 3 year cancer survivor of stage 3 triple negative breast cancer and I just stumbled upon your Instagram. It’s so amazing to see you do life as you are doing! I had the same attitude…. kept pastoring young adults , wore new high heels frequently to chemo (because If the hair was gone it was gonna be about the heels lol) dressed stylish, makeup on and ready to be the light on the chemo sweet! It was so fun to see all that God did and is still doing through that journey! Keep going…. the cancer floor needs YOU a lil more hope and that’s what you are doing! I see you like a lil girl running around on that floor passing out invitations just like a little girl would do for her upcoming b-day! These are invitations though to the “party of HOPE!” Keep doing what you are doing and rest well though in the vulnerable moments with just you and Jesus. Sometimes I feel I’m just now grieving the cancer stuff because I kept going so well as His grace carried me through ever so swiftly but He is faithfull through every part of the journey!

Denise
    May 8, 2018 at 11:13 am

Beautifully said and written. You inspire so many. ❤️

Erika Batistas
    May 8, 2018 at 1:27 pm

I’ll say it again and again… your strength and work ethic are admirable. I tell everyone about you and how dedicated and strong you are even while facing the biggest battle of your life. You are an inspiration to me on a daily… keep doing what you love!

Yarine
    May 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm

I have been following your Instagram and Blog since the beginning of times, and I must say your transformation is amazing, you have inspired me in every sense of your existence. I can’t read all your blogs now because I get emotional and cry as if we were real life friends. I had two family members who went through what your going through and I must say, you’re truly a fighter to see the fight your putting up and continuing your passion while doing so. You’re an amazing person and I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God bless!

Xo

Nikki
    May 8, 2018 at 1:45 pm

Thank u for my push … look at u encouraging me to not give up … THANK U !!!! IM THANKING GOD FOR UR COMPLETE HEALING DAILY !!!!! GOD BLESS U AND THANK U AGAIN !!!!

Sherlita Kennedy
    May 8, 2018 at 4:02 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story!! God is using you to help and inspire others and I thank god for you!! I don’t have cancer however I am battling with an auto immune disease and you inspire me to keep going because this is nothing compared to what your going through. I truly Thank god for you and I know he will not give you more than you can handle. Thanks for being YOU!!

Yinka
    May 8, 2018 at 4:33 pm

You are truly and inspiration and thank you for sharing your story and journey! I pray God continues to give you the strength to take each day as it comes with positivity and healing. (Amen) You’re bravery is empowering. Thank you.

kimberly austin
    May 8, 2018 at 4:35 pm

Love you my sister in Christ. I know easier said than done, but the bibles says “and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, and who have been called according to his purpose” Romans 8:28. God Bless!

Maria
    May 8, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Hi! I came accross your IG page a while ago and immediately fell in love with your style, As a Dominican myself, I felt really proud of how far you have gone amd all the great things you have achieved. I left IG for a while when I returned, I saw your after chemo postings. I have to say, that I still love your style, you are showing all the cancer patients, especially women, that they can be beautiful and fabulous without hair… keep inspiring us with your daily postings, we are all praying for you!!

Sharon
    May 8, 2018 at 9:39 pm

I think you’re a beautiful amazing woman who inspires me. I know that you will be victorious in your fight to overcome this illness and I am praying for you. xoxo

Sharae
    May 8, 2018 at 9:43 pm

Hey Kyrzada. It is so nice to meet you on this platform and share a little time with you. Getting to know you over the years, each beautiful and selective piece at a time. I can recall taking numerous screenshots of your effortless style. I am a fan of your style and now a fan of your strong heart. I am struggling with being accepted for my lifestyle with my partner by my family. It has hurt me to the core. I can remember waking up and deleting pictures of her and I and feeling the intensity of shame for choosing to love as I do. As you go through chemo and continue to fight please know that there are people like me who admire your strength. We are all with you. We support you. I love your signature. You have great taste. Always, Sharae 💕

Deshaune
    May 8, 2018 at 9:47 pm

You are such a true inspiration!

Kimo
    May 8, 2018 at 10:08 pm

Lifting u up,the universe got u sis.Love love u without hair!

Tennille
    May 8, 2018 at 10:14 pm

You are such an inspiration darling! Thanks for being brave enough to share your journey. Cancer may be attacking your body but you’ve shown us that your soul is just as beautiful and strong. Sending healing prayers. 😘😘

Jill
    May 8, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Simply inspirational and motivating! Love your style and passion.

Shay
    May 8, 2018 at 10:49 pm

“When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.” This was the first line of my Instagram post today. Your blog post is confirmation of just that. I have followed your fashion for years but now I TRULY see you. You are brave and beautiful and God is using you + your platform to inspire + motivate. I’m so grateful to be a witness to the work He is doing in you. Keep shining. Not becauae you choose too but because you can’t help it. 😉 God bless!

Christian A'Dior
    May 8, 2018 at 10:55 pm

KEEP GOING!!!

Robin R.
    May 8, 2018 at 11:11 pm

I started following you in Pinterest and was super excited when I stumbled on your pic on Insta. Your presences, the person behaving nd the picture drew me to you. You were diagnosed the same time my (black) Irish twin sister! My 48 yr old sister is battling a rare aggressive cancer. Your treatment and challenges have been similar. I’ve prayed for you as I pray for her. I’ve drawn from your cancer warrior blogs post to gain inspiration to share with my sister. I do believe in miracles, I also believe in the will of God. Please know that you’re You truly an inspiration to more than you can imagine. Peace and Prayer to you. XO

Mika
    May 8, 2018 at 11:20 pm

You are simply amazing! Keep doing what you do!

Ruth Coby
    May 9, 2018 at 2:57 am

You are amazing and you are showing the world through you gift of style and fashion what being a conqueror looks like..God is using you to inspire all those like you or battling anything that fight is not only in the physical but in the mental. Keeping pushing sis we here for it!

sudhaara
    May 9, 2018 at 3:06 am

Brenda Watkins
    May 9, 2018 at 7:40 am

God Bless, very inspiring and encouraging to all that no matter what obstacles are placed in our paths there it’s up to us to change tragedies into Triumphs. Continue to do what you love by living life on your terms and winning no matter what 🙏🏽💞🙏🏽💞

Cassie Davis
    May 9, 2018 at 10:05 am

I want to say ! You are my Mentor! I complain about things that are really not important! I have my fashion eyewear business.(kandiesklamoureyewear) IG I love fashion and you! I wish I had that fight you have to succeed in the business! I’m turning 50 years old in three days! Now reading your message today! I’m going for it! My brother is a Cancer survivor! It’s also a struggle for Family members as well! We want to take that pain for you! But we know we can’t! So keep going pretty lady! My prayers are with you!

Taylor aka Boho B
    May 9, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Darling, this is incredible! YOU are so incredible! You are an inspiration and your constant love, happiness and drive for what you do and how you do it should be a story for everyone to hear. I love seeing all of your posts on IG, I admire your strength and completely agree that you should keep doing what you love! I see how happy you are in those pictures and girrrrrrrl you’re crushinnnn itttt!!! Never stop, never give up and keep doing exactly what you’re doing. What a truly amazing soul you have <3 xoxo, Boho B

Valencia
    May 9, 2018 at 4:37 pm

Ms. K, Ive followed your blog for a few years now and you are such a beautiful inspiration for us who follow your style and your brand. U got this…coming from a person who dealt and beat Cancer 18 years ago n still counting! Dont give up or give in ~ We Love U 🌹

Sherre Perdue
    May 9, 2018 at 6:40 pm

I love your post! I myself am a cancer survivor of 7 years and I recently had a set back that threw my health off. I had thyroid cancer. In my recent set back there were days I felt horrible, cried because I didn’t wanna get up, there were days I barely made it to shower, and days I was on edge. I lost friends and it hurt. But I learned our bodies are strong and they will fight! They want us to win! Be good to yourself and rest when you feel like it and do a lot when u have the energy. Getting back into blogging has gotten me back to myself but what you’re doing is inspiring and please don’t sit around. I love everything you’re doing and I hope you are on your way to better health soon.

Good vibes + love sent to you!

Sherre P.

Shannan
    May 9, 2018 at 6:59 pm

Thank you so much for sharing the truth of your journey. I love this line from a poem by Muriel Rukeyser: “What would happen if one woman told the truth about her life? The world would split open.” Thank you for telling the truth about your life.

Akuraclosetraid
    May 10, 2018 at 12:38 pm

This just got me crying. so inspirational. I am completely in love with you. Thank you for being a pillar for us.Such an awesome post. At least I learn a thing or two from you that will guide me in my recently started fashion blogging journey.
    I am stuck here for life.

Thanks.
    Lots of love.

Ruth
    May 10, 2018 at 7:49 pm

May you feel His Love, Strength, Grace and Mercy surrounding you all your days. He’s got You and His eye is always on You. Thank you for shining your light, even in the days when it feels most dark – you are a true inspiration. Greater is He who is in you…. Love you K.

Yolanda Black
    May 10, 2018 at 9:42 pm

Wow, you are a true inspiration. I am so happy you haven’t stop because of cancer. You do have to FIGHT!!!!! Thank you for sharing you amazing journey with us. You sure added a value into my life 🙏

Resa
    May 12, 2018 at 8:42 pm

Blessings and positive prayers to you. You are such an an amazing talent and inspiration. Keep Going!

Eve Baker
    June 29, 2018 at 6:14 pm

Kryzada you are truly blessed and I can see that God is working through you.
    The platform of Social Media was meant to be, so that you can inspire others , but to also give you strength on this journey.
    God has a huge plan for you , just keep strong in your faith, he will not fail you.
    My prayers and best wishes to you. xoxo

Blu
    July 9, 2018 at 1:06 pm

I just want to get this out of the way and say this is one of my fav looks on you! Secondly, the amount of strength that you have is admirable. I know the days are hard, but your unwavering faith and your continuous dedication to the people and things you love truly inspire me to be a better person each and every day.

In my prayers,
    Blu
    http://www.liveloveblu.com | wellness & healthy living

Robyn
    August 7, 2018 at 7:35 pm

Hi Kyrzayda,
    A close friend of mine recently texted me a link to your ig. I fell in love with your style and spirit within the first 30 seconds…lol! I spent most of the day on Saturday looking back at d posts and style photos of you. I wanted to let you know how dope, amazing, and truly beautiful you are!!! I also want to tell you to keep fighting doll! KEEP FIGHTING! When you don’t know what else to do, just stop and talk to GOD baby doll. Stop and talk to GOD. You’ve inspired me in ways that you will never know and I want to say that I salute you, I pray for you, and I thank you!