FASHION lifestyle OOTD

how to cope …..

Hola mis amigos,

Not being consistent to my blog has become so strange to me yet I can’t seem to let go of the idea of letting go! That’s why I still write and post even if it’s not much or as often.

I wanted to share 5 things I have been doing to cope with cancer. Dealing with cancer is very consuming but I also realized it can take you to a dark place. Depression can be one of them and trust me having a negative mind is a big NO NO! The past month has been very hard for me and it has taken a toll on me like it never has in this past 7 months of dealing with Cancer.

Not everything has been dark though, I must admit. Doing certain things have helped remind me of the spirit of Joy and that I must continue to possess it at all times. I hope these 5 things I have been doing to help me cope with cancer can also help those around me as well.

1. God, we all know that he is the only one that can give us the strength we need in times like this. For almost 15 years now I have been a Christian. I grew up in a Catholic household however, when I was introduced to Christ and the Bible I had to be born again. At some point in my life my faith faded. In 2008 I left my church and things went south. I felt lost, hurt and unhappy. Why did I leave God’s side? At the time I wanted more of the world but I learned that soon I would end up regretting that decision. My faith has been up and down. After finding out about Cancer I have been trying to find my faith again. Talking to God, praying, reading the Bible, hosting prayer groups at my house. I manage to keep the Passover this year at my old church. I truly believe the word of God and my favorite current verse, Psalms 91: 1 wow it’s amazing how God says “because I love you”. This verse has been on my mind, and no matter what your faith is look for God but don’t wait for something bad to happen, look for him now, in your youth, in your happiness, or sadness, in your glory and your falls, but never forget to give him glory. I still have a lot of spiritual growing up to do, I still have to come closer to him but I feel this process is helping me. It’s not easy to follow Christ but we must, it’s important for our spiritual salvation.
  2.  Chemo Gifts, since day 1, I have been spoiling myself with chemo gifts. It can be from anything from flowers to a handbag I have been wanting. Chemo gifts are a little pad on the shoulder for enduring the pain of each chemo. Nothing can buy you happiness but it surely can make you feel good about yourself. After all diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, weakness, weight loss, sores, numbness of fingers, pain and more pain yes nothing can buy you anything to comfort the above but I assure you that this is the time for you to spoil yourself. What I do is I use a few of my credit cards and then pay them in full and yay it works, cash works too though. Hehe It can be something simple or a mini vacation from all the above. You deserve it so GO and spoil yourself in sickness and in health. Some of my chemo gifts include a recent pair of shoes and some other goodies.
  3. Hosting gathering with friends or my Family: My small get together with friends happened when I did my first chemo. I had 8 of my great friends come over and do a “beauty mask party”. I had so much and they enjoyed some awesome beauty masks, food, and goodie bags. Not too long ago for Memorial Day I had family over and grilled up some burgers and hot dogs for them. I love cooking so it was fun. Little things like this really help me but also brings me closer to them. They might not know how much, but they impact me with their love and support. Even if something like game night, taco night or a simple movie with your Bff, don’t forget to stay close to your loved ones in moments like this. Create memories.
  4.  Pray! Simple… nothing more or less. Pray in your sleep, while your walking, in your health and sickness, just pray! This really helps me a lot and I feel it.
  5.   GIVING, try giving back to your community such as the nurses that take care of you or your doctors. Give to your friends even if it’s a card saying thank you for being around. Nothing compares to a giving heart and that alone heals so many wounds. I keep goodie bags around all the time. As an influencer it helps a lot all those extra goodies I get. I try not to be selfish and keep them all for myself lol

Bonus

Memories… go back to those days that remind you of how strong of a person you are, look at photos. There is nothing wrong with looking back on your blessings. Maybe things are not okay right now but remember when you were healthy and thank God for those years of joyfulness, nothing can compare to great memories.
A little extra bonus that helps me a lot.

A little fashion note For my look I’m wearing this awesome dress from ASOS I love it cause it reminds me of Zimmerman which I finally invested on one (on sale too), but that I’m shooting another day. The belt and hand handbag Cult Gaia. Camelot Ring. I wanted to come back to blog with a fresh look like the first day of school. I’ll also be sharing some awesome looks for less 🙂 like always thanks for stopping by love you guys. Thanks for reading #wewillwin #cancerwontwin

xo, K

Hildalin Rojas
    July 9, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Beautiful and inspiring post! Keep fighting the fight, you got this beautiful soul! 😘😘

Nicole
    July 9, 2018 at 7:45 pm

I’m glad you have great support system. I keep you lifted in prayer! I love your style… Be blessed! #cancerwontwin

Aretha McFall
    July 9, 2018 at 7:46 pm

What an inspiring testimony! Some of these things you mention are awesome even when not dealing with a disease like Cancer! I pray for your strength and joy Queen and may you see better days ahead. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Kwana Mitchell
    July 9, 2018 at 7:50 pm

Continue prayers for you to be Cancer free🙌🏽🙏🏽

Lidia Gonzalez
    July 9, 2018 at 7:53 pm

Ten Fe 🙏🏼 Todos estamos contigo🙏🏼
    Quisiera k te comunicara conmigo me gustaría hablar contigo por favor si vez este mensaje escribeme por favor

Lourdes
    July 9, 2018 at 7:57 pm

Beautiful!!! Dios te bendiga en el poderoso nombre de Jesús, oro que Dios toque tu cuerpo y devuelva tu salud 🙏

Tonya
    July 9, 2018 at 8:02 pm

I just started reading your blogs, I too had cancer in 2015; but you’re shining a light that is very admiring and amazing. I tell my kids you’re my fashion crush. The reason why I admire you is because I love fashion but never really expressed it in the clothes I wore as often as I wanted . Thru your treatments your still blogging and posting and I can relate to most of the feelings you share; I thank God for you!

July 9, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Thank you for sharing. I believe those things are great things for whatever one may be going through. We all have different trials but you have definitely shown what it is to be a fighter no matter how tired you may get…..thank you. As always you look stunning…..that color looks amazing on you 💜😉

Raquel saint -Hilaire
    July 9, 2018 at 8:27 pm

Waooo!!! Exactamente como debe de ser!!!
    Yo deberia practicar mas el #1 caminando entre, operaciones, complicaciones, quimos y como mi vida ha cambiado, deberia estar mas cerca de Dios, lo se, talvez solo estar Tan Agradecida de estar aquí, de seguir luchando, del marravilloso circulo de apoyo que tengo🙏Si voy a hacerlo!!!
    Gracias por sin saberlo, darme fuerzas y aprender a no sentirme perdida, a seguir sonriendo y abrazar esta nueva Yo…. venceremos!!!!!
    Un abrazo

Candacy
    July 9, 2018 at 8:36 pm

I’m inspired by you, you brought me to tears reading this, thank you. Tomorrow I’m onto my 6th treatment of 8, I will soon be a breast cancer survivor. God is amazing, and so are you…we are fighting for our life and for our lives-those who we live for, our babies and loved ones.. don’t give up. I am the strongest person I know- and I believe you are the strongest person you know too. I’m praying for you.

Roxy
    July 9, 2018 at 8:37 pm

Thank you for sharing your journey and for inspiring me to live life to the fullest. I, along with tons other admire your beauty, courage and style and are rooting for you. Keep doing what you love. God bless you!rv🙏🏼😚

Francis stephenson
    July 9, 2018 at 8:40 pm

Wow you are really inspiring . I’ve been following you for a while even before your diagnosis . Way back when I had my own boutique and would look at your IG for styling is inspiration. When my business failed after only a little over a year it was so hard to feel motivated and happy about anything . I felt hopeless and gave up but yet I would comeback to your post and I was living vicariously through those images. We have a lot in common, we are both Dominicans in our late 30s and share a passion for Christ and fashion. I wanted to be you so bad, I wanted to have the success and admiration you had. I was envious in a good way. Envidia de la buena . When I leaned of your diagnosis I was on a sabbatical from Social media . My cousin who also follows you told me about it on a girls trip to DR. needless to say it hit me like a ton of brick. I pray for you and think of you often. You were not only a source of inspiration when you were healthier but moreso now as you still live your dreams inspite of your diagnosis . I know it can be scary , i work in healthcare , Breast health to be more specific . I see the despair but I also see the triumphs . Your test is your testimony to inspire selfish people like me who take so much for granted and often walk away from our faith thinking we are in control . Keep going back to HIM and resting in his peace. This is not out final resting place. Sending much love . Francis

Nina
    July 9, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Great post. Gracias por esa inspiracion. La fe mueve montañas y papa Dios te dara esa salud que tu tanto necesitas. Eres una guerrera sigue adelante 🙏

Gabby Arroyo
    July 9, 2018 at 10:21 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences, your pain and your love for God! You are a true inspiration, may God bless you and continue giving you ALL the strength you need. 💚💚💚💚

Kimberly austin
    July 9, 2018 at 11:27 pm

Beautiful!!! God bless, always!

Franchesca
    July 10, 2018 at 4:15 am

Gloria a DIOS KIRZAYDA! El SEÑOR usa Las enfermedades para no solamente acercarnos a EL, sino para bendecirnos, para fortalecer nuestra fé y es lo que sucede contigo. Talvez no suena muy bonito pero recuerda el dice a Pablo “bastate mi gracia porque mi poder se perfecciona en la debilidad”
    2 CORINTIOS 12:9-10.. El SEÑOR te ama KIRZAYDA y nosotros a pesar de no ser MÁS que tus seguidores estamos contigo durante esta prueba. Seguimos orando por tí ❤…ERES UNA GUERRERA 💪

Franchesca
    July 10, 2018 at 4:16 am

2 CORINTIOS 12:9-10.. DIOS te ama y nosotros a pesar de no ser MÁS que tus seguidores estamos contigo durante esta prueba. Seguimos orando por tí ❤…ERES UNA GUERRERA 💪

Andreanette Johnson
    July 10, 2018 at 6:05 am

I love your strength, you are a beautiful soul. I pray you have a total healing and restoration.

Lyn
    July 10, 2018 at 7:29 am

Thank you for sharing your gift of perseverance. I will continue to pray that you are completely healed and that the cancer is under your feet forever!

You may think your faith has wavered but you are essentially doing God’s work by inspiring all of us! You are the vessel and this is part of your purpose. Thank you, beautiful lady! Keep rising up no matter what you face.

Peace, love and blessings!

Solange
    July 10, 2018 at 9:27 am

You are a gift. Thank you for inspiring us even in the midst of your darkest times. That takes true courage. You are a warrior baby girl!

Charcia
    July 10, 2018 at 11:07 am

Love it! Thank you again for your honesty and transparency, it’s truly a blessing! May God continue to strengthen and bless you on this journey!

Valerie Henriquez
    July 10, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Prayers and much Love to you!!!!

Trisha
    July 10, 2018 at 12:26 pm

I just found your page and I’m very glad I did. You are so inspiring and strong. My dad was diagnosed around the same time so I have an idea of what you are gong through. I’m so impressed to see that you have not let it get you down. Keep fighting. My prayers are with you

Ashley Isaac
    July 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm

I’m immensely inspired by your strength and resilience. I’ve followed you since you started your IG page; I’m praying for you and I know you will overcome this battle. You are definitely leaving your mark on this earth. You are fighting this battle in style. Sending you love and prayers from Dallas, Texas!

Allycin
    July 10, 2018 at 5:20 pm

You are ever inspiring to all you touch. Keep the faith and we are always praying with and for you.

Ava
    July 11, 2018 at 1:22 am

This is a great post and great advice that anyone can use in any situation. I’m feeling your first day of school vibes, You look gorgeous as always love. Thanks for the Inspo, Slay on sistah.💕

Valeria Handy
    July 11, 2018 at 7:56 pm

You look absolutely regal!!! Much love and continued faith to you!

Suzan
    July 13, 2018 at 3:42 am

Love love this post women…iam checking on u most days. God be the glory he is watching over u..stay positive no matter what. Its so encouraging 2 read this post I just smiled. Thanks babes xoxo

Jandrew
    July 14, 2018 at 5:00 pm

You are a tower of strength . Thank-you for honoring us readers with your thoughts . Sharing a difficult journey with others often lightens the load . Allow us to help carry some of the heavier parts and your journey may be easier.
    Jandrew
    Dress The Part

Kyrzayda & Her Journey On Coping With Life’s Curves… – Sista's Luv2 Spa!
    July 23, 2018 at 5:14 pm

[…] continue reading Kyrzayda.com […]

Marcella
    July 25, 2018 at 2:30 pm

I know this comment is late, however, I pray it ministers to your spirit.

I was just re-diagnosed with cancer. I know all to well how depression, anger, frustration, and every negative emotion that can come with cancer. I, along with yourself am a Believer. My first diagnosis really played a number on my faith walk with God. However, this time around I chose to go about things differently, when it comes to my spiritual walk with God. Someone told me this and I’m going to share with you, you have to cast down every High imagination that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. Anything that is contrary to the word of God, which includes your healing, is contrary. I will continue to pray for God’s manifestation, which is the healing that is apart of your benefits package, when our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ resurrected himself from death. You continue to stay encouraged, and know, that no weapon formed against your spirit, soul, and body, shall prosper in the name of Jesus!

Tawanya
    July 27, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Bless you beautiful! I came across your page from someone I follow on IG and your words touched me. I actually took some notes on some of the things you mentioned in this post, “don’t wait until something bad happens, look for God now”! That means so much. I’m a Christian myself and even already having a relationship we still have to look for God! I love that.

Thank you, be strong and keep holding on.

xoxo,

Tawanya

Regina Whitley
    July 31, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Hi Kyrzayda,

Wow, that was great. We really don’t appreciate the simple things in life. My encouragement to you is to stay in God’s word. He promised to never leave you. We decree devine health and long life for you in Jesus Name.

Regina

Stephanie
    August 13, 2018 at 9:26 pm

HEllo Beautiful ,
    I just want to thank you, thank you for these words and the messages of encouragement and hope you constantly share on IG. I have been a long time follower, and I love how open and proud you are about your faith. You are right, we are nothing without God, and I know the God you serve will use you to be a testimony to many.
    I pray He restores your health and does much for you. You may not know it but you have touched, encouraged and talk less of inspired many ladies like myself. I so much thank God for your life. May He continue to give you strength to cope and sustain you. You are blessed. Sending much love your way.
    xoxo