Hola mis amigos,
Not being consistent to my blog has become so strange to me yet I can’t seem to let go of the idea of letting go! That’s why I still write and post even if it’s not much or as often.
I wanted to share 5 things I have been doing to cope with cancer. Dealing with cancer is very consuming but I also realized it can take you to a dark place. Depression can be one of them and trust me having a negative mind is a big NO NO! The past month has been very hard for me and it has taken a toll on me like it never has in this past 7 months of dealing with Cancer.
Not everything has been dark though, I must admit. Doing certain things have helped remind me of the spirit of Joy and that I must continue to possess it at all times. I hope these 5 things I have been doing to help me cope with cancer can also help those around me as well.
- God, we all know that he is the only one that can give us the strength we need in times like this. For almost 15 years now I have been a Christian. I grew up in a Catholic household however, when I was introduced to Christ and the Bible I had to be born again. At some point in my life my faith faded. In 2008 I left my church and things went south. I felt lost, hurt and unhappy. Why did I leave God’s side? At the time I wanted more of the world but I learned that soon I would end up regretting that decision. My faith has been up and down. After finding out about Cancer I have been trying to find my faith again. Talking to God, praying, reading the Bible, hosting prayer groups at my house. I manage to keep the Passover this year at my old church. I truly believe the word of God and my favorite current verse, Psalms 91: 1 wow it’s amazing how God says “because I love you”. This verse has been on my mind, and no matter what your faith is look for God but don’t wait for something bad to happen, look for him now, in your youth, in your happiness, or sadness, in your glory and your falls, but never forget to give him glory. I still have a lot of spiritual growing up to do, I still have to come closer to him but I feel this process is helping me. It’s not easy to follow Christ but we must, it’s important for our spiritual salvation.
- Chemo Gifts, since day 1, I have been spoiling myself with chemo gifts. It can be from anything from flowers to a handbag I have been wanting. Chemo gifts are a little pad on the shoulder for enduring the pain of each chemo. Nothing can buy you happiness but it surely can make you feel good about yourself. After all diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, weakness, weight loss, sores, numbness of fingers, pain and more pain yes nothing can buy you anything to comfort the above but I assure you that this is the time for you to spoil yourself. What I do is I use a few of my credit cards and then pay them in full and yay it works, cash works too though. Hehe It can be something simple or a mini vacation from all the above. You deserve it so GO and spoil yourself in sickness and in health. Some of my chemo gifts include a recent pair of shoes and some other goodies.
- Hosting gathering with friends or my Family: My small get together with friends happened when I did my first chemo. I had 8 of my great friends come over and do a “beauty mask party”. I had so much and they enjoyed some awesome beauty masks, food, and goodie bags. Not too long ago for Memorial Day I had family over and grilled up some burgers and hot dogs for them. I love cooking so it was fun. Little things like this really help me but also brings me closer to them. They might not know how much, but they impact me with their love and support. Even if something like game night, taco night or a simple movie with your Bff, don’t forget to stay close to your loved ones in moments like this. Create memories.
- Pray! Simple… nothing more or less. Pray in your sleep, while your walking, in your health and sickness, just pray! This really helps me a lot and I feel it.
- GIVING, try giving back to your community such as the nurses that take care of you or your doctors. Give to your friends even if it’s a card saying thank you for being around. Nothing compares to a giving heart and that alone heals so many wounds. I keep goodie bags around all the time. As an influencer it helps a lot all those extra goodies I get. I try not to be selfish and keep them all for myself lol
Memories… go back to those days that remind you of how strong of a person you are, look at photos. There is nothing wrong with looking back on your blessings. Maybe things are not okay right now but remember when you were healthy and thank God for those years of joyfulness, nothing can compare to great memories.
A little extra bonus that helps me a lot.
A little fashion note For my look I’m wearing this awesome dress from ASOS I love it cause it reminds me of Zimmerman which I finally invested on one (on sale too), but that I’m shooting another day. The belt and hand handbag Cult Gaia. Camelot Ring. I wanted to come back to blog with a fresh look like the first day of school. I’ll also be sharing some awesome looks for less 🙂 like always thanks for stopping by love you guys. Thanks for reading #wewillwin #cancerwontwin